(RFID) is the wireless use of electromagnetic fields to transfer data, for the purposes of automatically identifying and tracking tags attached to objects. The tags contain electronically stored information. Some tags are powered by electromagnetic induction from magnetic fields produced near the reader.
* Access management
* Toll collection and contactless payment
* Machine readable travel documents
* Smartdust (for massively distributed sensor networks)
* Tracking sports memorabilia to verify authenticity
* Airport baggage tracking logistics